Governor Malloy: Gov. Malloy: Residents Seeking Federal Assistance Must Register with FEMA

{Governor Malloy Press Release Masthead}
 September 5, 2011
(HARTFORD, CT) - After receiving notification of the federal assistance available to cities and towns, businesses, individuals, and non-profits, Governor Dannel P. Malloy today announced that residents who suffered damage as a result of Hurricane Irene must register with FEMA, by phone or online to access that aid.
"This declaration will bring much-needed financial assistance to residents that were impacted by Hurricane Irene," said Governor Malloy.  "But it is critical to note that you must register with FEMA to begin the process of accessing possible federal assistance".
It is important to note that residents who have already provided damage information to their towns, FEMA, state officials or 2-1-1 must still register with FEMA at this juncture.
To register by phone, residents can call: 1-800-621-FEMA (3362).  The TTY line for people with speech or hearing disabilities is 1-800-462-7585.  The line is open from 7 am to 10 pm, 7 days per week.
To register online, applications may be completed at
If residents have disaster assistance questions, they may call the FEMA Helpline at 1-800-621-3362.
For Immediate Release: September 5, 2011